This course explains what trauma is and why and how it occurs, provide examples of traumatic experiences, explain young people’s behaviours in reaction to trauma and how staff should approach care when looking after a traumatised young person.
Aims & objectives
- Discuss the definition and prevalence of trauma
- Give examples of traumatic experiences and common reactions
- Discuss the long-term impact that can occur
- Give ideas on trauma triggers and responses
- Give an overview of trauma informed care
- Discuss that challenges you may face
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’